Just two days ago, these were my predictions. I took Friday off but will make my hopes and thoughts known about today’s games later. Apparently, you really don’t want me in Vegas. I told you. An abysmal twenty-five percent correctly predicted outcomes.
- NY Mets beat San Diego Padres. No.
- Nationals thump the Marlins. Yes, but no thumping.
- Kansas City makes Toronto pay. No.
- ChiSox break even by beating BoSox in Boston. Yes, I think it will actually happen. No.
- Battle of two of my favorite young players with Todd Frazier and Andrew McCutchen. I think Andrew will be happy with the end result. (Pirates over Reds). No, in a resounding fashion.
- Baltimore whips up on Detroit in Camden Park. Sorry, Tigers! No.
- I would love for the Houston Astros to repeat their performance that earned them a win over the Angels. We’ll see. Yes.
- Cleveland makes a showing against Oakland, but the Athletics prevail. No.
Saturday, August 1, 2015
- Kansas City Royals at Toronto Blue Jays Toronto
- Tampa Bay Rays at Boston Red Sox Boston
- LA Angels at LA Dodgers Angels
- Detroit Tigers at Baltimore Orioles Baltimore
- Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies Atlanta
- NY Yankees at Chicago White Sox NY Yankees (ugh!)
- Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers Cubs
- Seattle Mariners at Minnesota Twins Minnesota
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Cincinnati Reds Pittsburgh
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Houston Astros Houston
- Washington Nationals at NY Mets NY Mets
- San Diego Padres at Miami Marlins Miami
- Colorado Rockies at St. Louis Cardinals St. Louis (ugh!)
- San Francisco Giants at Texas Rangers Texas
- Cleveland Indians at Oakland Athletics Cleveland
One quick toss of a colossal yellow flag of shame to New England Patriots QB Tom Brady for destroying his cellular phone as a part of the mess that is "Deflategate." You knew it was coming but was just a matter of time.
Lady Grid out.