Well we all know that David Ortiz, aka Big Papi, is the MVP of the World Series. Ninety-five years have lapsed since the Red Sox won the trophy in Boston. Congratulations one and all. Will some of those beards disappear now? The Duck Dynasty dudes wear it well.
There's an NFL game on right now with Cincy at Miami. Cats LOVE fish. Cincy wins a defensive match.
Miami won against the Bulls but came up short against the Sixers. Good. Here's hoping the Clippers overcome the Warriors once their game begins out west. Mavericks are inactive tonight and face the Heat on November 15. I warned one of my students that he'd better be absent if he planned to wear Heat gear that day. He smiled at me; I'm sure he's marked his wardrobe selection already. Rascal!
- USC plays the Beavers on Friday Night. Despite my fondest wishes otherwise, I think those pesky flat-tailed rats will edge Tommy Trojan and company. Boo.
- Purdue hosts Ohio State and gets boiled instead.
- Northern Illinois travels to UMASS and wins handily.
- Army takes on the Air Force Falcons; the cadets ground the flyboys.
- Texas State Bobcats make tracks to square off against the Idaho Vandals. Bobcats win.
- Tennessee Vols have to play at Mizzou. Yipes.
- Oklahoma State visits Texas Tech's Red Raiders. The Red Raiders win the shootout.
- UNC Tarheels, normally known for the roundball, journey to NC State. Wolfpack is triumphant.
- UCLA Bruins dine on the Colorado Buffaloes.
- KU drives straight south to Austin to face the Longhorns. Can they just say they lost without having the hassle of a long, sad drive back north in traffic?
- Clemson at Virginia means the Commodore has another bad Saturday.
- Auburn goes to Fayetteville for a pig-pulling and leaves picking pork out of their teeth. It would be fantastic for the Razorbacks to pull off an upset and earn their first conference win.
- Georgia at Florida; how fast can that dog swim from a gator? He won't make it to the shore.
- Texas A&M wanders out west to lock horns with UTEP's Miners; let's hope they don't get so farsighted that they forget the opponent at hand.
- Florida State hands Miami Canes their first loss of the season and makes a case for the BCS bowl.
- Virginia Tech Hokies pluck BC Eagles bald.
- Michigan motors to East Lansing for a little game against Sparty and company. Sparty makes a home stand. Lights out, Wolverines.
Lady Grid out.