High School Gridiron ActionIt's playoff time for high school football with perennial favorites squaring off around the Lone Star State. Centennial will face South Oak Cliff next Thursday at the rechristened AT&T Stadium. Cowboys Stadium works better for most, so it's a hard habit to break. Crosstown rival Frisco takes on Lincoln High next week. In 3A action, Burnet advanced in their game and prepare for Kennedale. Pray for safety and travel mercies as the team, bands, drill teams, fans, etc. travel to neutral sites that can be quite a distance to reach after a day at school in rush hour traffic.
College Roll Call
- Auburn will manhandle the Dawgs. Sit, UGA.
- Sparty comes to Nebraska and whips up on the Cornhuskers.
- South Carolina hosts the Florida Gators and makes fried gator balls out of them. I hear they taste like chicken.
- More directional Michigan fun with Central at Western. Push.
- The Ohio State University annihilates the Fighting Illini in Illinois.
- Michigan dominates Northwestern in a blowout.
- Pistol Pete makes a trip south to Austin and beats the 'Horns at their home. Sorry, Bevo.
- Alabama sets the cruise control against the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
- Cincinnati dominates the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
- Maryland takes on the Hokies in Hokieland. Hokies dine on grilled turtle burgers. Do they taste like chicken, too?
- Idaho State shouldn't even show up to play BYU. Just saying. Cougars crush them.
- Miami ventures north to Duke and returns home a winner.
- UNC goes up against Pitt. Wretched times are ahead of the Tar Heels. Pitt wins.
- Stanford visits USC and unfortunately wrests a victory from USC at the last second. This is one that I want to get wrong. Go, Trojans!
- Texas Tech plays Baylor. Get ready for disappointment, Red Raider Nation. Bears maul them but good.
- Texas State plays Arkansas State at Liberty Bank Stadium. Those feisty Texas State Bobcats leave town with a hard-fought victory. Red Wolves definitely taste like chicken.
Lady Grid out.