No thanks to the crazy antics of shoppers across the nation intent on finding the best deal on Black Friday. I like my sanity and my vehicle's doors intact. On to sports. All three of my pro predictions were spot-on yesterday. That doesn't always happen. Yes, I think it's possible for a coach to get caught up in the game and not realize where the sideline is located, Mr. Flacco. Chill out. You may yet earn a Yellow Flag of Shame if you keep on flapping those gums.
NCAA Gridiron Action:
- LSU awaits its meal of roasted pork a la Arkansas. Bon appetit, Mike!
- Oregon hosts Oregon State. Two aquatic animals battling for supremacy. The Ducks win this year's round, easily.
- USF visits UCF on Friday evening; UCF's tire treads will tattoo the skidding Bulls nicely.
- Fresno State Bulldogs will sic the SJSU Spartans. Nice doggie.
NBA Action: Lots of games tonight, ladies and gents.
- Dallas rides into Atlanta for a match-up against the Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks want to have a winning record and may start playing in desperation mode. Watch out, Mavs. Nail-biter for sure. Mavs get edged by the Hawks.
- Dread Fest One: Milwaukee Bucks at Charlotte Bobcats. Both of these teams need to win and in a big way. Bucks? Bobcats? Push.
- San Antonio Spurs at Orlando means that my son will be happy about a Spurs road win.
- Miami cruises to north to play Toronto. Let's hope the Raptors can cool off the Heat, but it's not in the cards.
- Cleveland looks to avenge its recent loss in Boston. Get used to disappointment.
- Kobe-less Lakers are in Motor City. Pistons fans will leave the game happy. Lakers lose again.
- Brooklyn plays Houston today? We have towels for those nasty water spills, Coach Kidd. Just send me that check, and we'll call it good.
- New Orleans Pelicans take flight to visit the City of Brotherly Love; the Sixers will pluck them but good.
- Golden State takes the court against the OKC Thunder. This one should be worth watching. I predict Thunder rolling since they are undefeated at home so far.
- Another strong home team, the Indiana Pacers have the Washington Wizards as an opponent. The Wizards want to get to .500; it won't happen tonight. Sorry, Mr. Wall.
- Regrets, Mr. Anthony? He and the skidding Knicks do battle against his former team, the Denver Nuggets in Colorado. The fans will be glad to jeer him again. Nuggets edge Knicks.
- Dread Fest Two: Phoenix Suns against the Utah Jazz. The Suns will even their record to .500, or the Jazz will scare their fans and win at home. Not likely. Push.
- LA Clippers need some more good defensive moves as they hoop it up against their fellow California team, the Sacramento Kings. Chris Paul and the guys put on a nice show and win without breaking triple digits.
Lady Grid out.