High school playoffs are still big business here in Texas. Centennial fell to South Oak Cliff and their phenomenal Jordan Stevenson who has already signed for Texas when he graduates in 2015. What a player! Frisco High defeated Lincoln High School in the playoffs and face Ennis next. Good luck!
It's college time.
Some of the match-ups make sense. Others defy logic. Why have some nearly non-conference level games this late in the season?
- Texas A&M heads to the bayou to face the LSU tigers. Here's hoping Manziel & co. can make themselves a nice tiger-skin coat or two. Fingers are crossed for this one.
- Baylor heads north to Stillwater to hang out with Pistol Pete. The bear whips the cowboy and leaves him begging for mercy.
- USC visits Colorado and makes mincemeat out the Buffaloes. [Example number one]
- Oklahoma will annihilate poor K-State.
- Memphis should stay home instead of facing off against Louisville.
- Duke is surprising everyone and controlling its own destiny. Blue Devils beat the Demon Deacons.
- Michigan plays rough with Iowa in Iowa. [Example number two]
- Why would the Citadel play Clemson? They apparently need the money. Where's that tiger? Licking his chops.
- The Ducks fly south to Arizona and cruise to an easy victory. [Example number three]
- Wisconsin thinks it will have an easy time at Minnesota. Ski-U-Mah! Gophers surprise them.
- Arizona State heads west to see the Bruins at UCLA. Bruins don't like being poked by the Sun Devils' tridents, so they smash 'em up right.
- Indiana dares to visit the Buckeyes from Ohio State University. Tsk. [Example number fou]
- SMU treks to South Florida and returns to Big D with an overall record of 5-5 after a win today. Ponies are feeling frisky after downing UCONN last week.
- Cal at Stanford? Ha ha ha! Now I am laughing in my coffee. [Example number five]
Lady Grid out.