Tuesday, January 14, 2014

If At First You Don't Win, Sue 'Em!

Litigious people are a menace on the face of the Earth.  Alex Rodriguez is one of them.  I understand he wants to play and can talk baseball back and forth like nobody's business; however, there comes a time when you have to admit that you won't win every fight or game.  I am still throwing the Yellow Flag of Shame until it is proven that I must take it back.

Last item for MLB:  Have you seen Clark the new Cubs' mascot? We'll see if he helps the beleaguered ball club succeed in the coming season.

College Hoops:

It is surreal to see the number twenty-three next to Duke in the rankings.  Absolutely surreal.  I must still be asleep.  I like Coach K because he has a marvelous work ethic, and he is just cool.  I am not a Blue Devils' fan by any stretch of the imagination, but if I hear about Coach K in the news, I perk up right away to see what he is saying or doing.

Another item of note in the surreal category is UCONN upending Baylor at home last night.  The ladies' team had boasted a sixty-nine game winning streak at Ferrell Center in Waco.  I know they will get back on track, but wow.

The Lady Aggies (#25 in AP) are 3-0 in conference play.  Whoop!  They play against South Carolina on Thursday at Reed Arena.  While I won't be physically present to cheer for them, I will still want them to win and play their best.  Gig 'em, Aggies!

Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment