Friday, January 3, 2014

What Happened? (Or I Missed My Pick Again)

Let's just say that the Sugar Bowl was incredible because I could not believe my eyes when the final scoreboard showed.  This year's college bowls really show that the underdog has a bit more fight in him than expected.  Too many times a 6-6 record team has taken down a team with a better record; I cite Syracuse, North Carolina and Oregon State as my proof. Simply incredible.  Be glad I am not a gambling sort.  My son aka NinjaBoy uses the word obliteration to describe my record this post-season.  He's grounded until further notice.While I pick my jaw up off of the ground, I'll let you know who I pick for the two collegiate games scheduled today. I really miss Howard Cosell's pronunciation of the word orange for the bowl game tonight.  Sigh.

AT&T Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Missouri - I am going with Mizzou to redeem the SEC.
Discover Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. Ohio State University - I think Clemson's Tajh Boyd will have a great night, but I think the Buckeyes will prevail.  Be glad I am not a gambling sort.  

OVERALL RECORD: 13 - 17

Tomorrow, I unveil my NFL wild card picks.  Hopefully, I will do better with them.  Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment