Sunday, January 5, 2014

Updates and Upsets

Another bowl prediction bites the dust; however, the SEC wins another one for the conference.  Congratulations, Vanderbilt Commodores.  The GoDaddy Bowl featuring Arkansas State against Ball State. With another coaching change at Arkansas State, I think Ball State will nab this one, but I won't be staying up late tonight to find out the result.

OVERALL RECORD: 14-19

My hat is off to the New Orleans Saints who rallied to beat the NFC East champion Philadelphia Eagles. Now they fly up to play in Seattle again after the Week 13 debacle.  I still think that Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and the Seahawks will take all comers as indicated by my bracket pictured below.  The rest of my predictions stand, though.

PLAYOFF RECORD: 1-1

I wish Chris Paul a speedy recovery with the separated shoulder injury; he is an exciting player to watch.  I look for the rest of the team to step up and keep the momentum rolling in time for him to return before the post-season play begins in the spring. I took a peek at the NBA standings currently.  The Western Conference's top eight teams all have winning records; the Eastern Conference falls off after the top four.  Toronto is 16-15 right now. I like the Pacers leading the way and hope things continue.

Lady Grid out.

Updated January 5, 2014 prior to today's games.

No comments:

Post a Comment