Thursday, January 2, 2014

A One Bowl Day

Here's a look at my Bowl Report Card.

Taxlsayer.com Gator Bowl: Nebraska vs. Georgia, LOSS- That Dawg let me down.  The Huskers only scored during two quarters of the game, and the Dawgs scored in the last three quarters but came up short. Woof.
Heart of Dallas Bowl: UNLV vs. North Texas, LOSS - I will not doubt the Mean Green again.
Capitol One Bowl: Wisconsin vs. South Carolina, WIN - Now SEC quarterbacks can sleep well because Jadaveon Clowney will head to the NFL in the draft.
Outback Bowl: Iowa vs. LSU, WIN - This one ended with a closer score than anticipated.
Rose Bowl: Stanford vs. Michigan State, WIN - I was questioning my choice after the first quarter ended.
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: UCF vs. Baylor, LOSS - What happened here?  I was stunned because Baylor had been mugged in the first quarter then rallied to make this a bit more even before the half ended.was questioning my choice after the first quarter ended.

OVERALL SCORE: 13-16

Mercifully, there is only one bowl game scheduled for today with the Allstate Sugar Bowl.  I think that the Alabama Crimson Tide will whip up on the Oklahoma Sooners (aka the Wagonriders).  You and I will find out at the same time this evening if I am correct or not. The SEC will be 6-1 in bowl games if I am right.

A big welcome back to Around the Horn and its sister program PTI.  I have missed the banter of the columnists and relish laughing about their observations at 4:00 P.M. CST on ESPN2.  I'll be figuring out my NFL post-season bracket and letting you in on my personal predictions. 

Lady Grid out.


No comments:

Post a Comment