Saturday, October 10, 2015

Still Kicking!

As you know, my day work is in the classroom, and it has been an all-consuming week for this little sports fan. Now, I can relax a bit, sip my coffee, and pen my thoughts. Care to join me? Read on.

Those Texas Rangers sure know how to make my heart race. I cite their extra innings win over Toronto yesterday. Now they're 2-0 in the ALDS. Woo-hoo! In the NLDS, the Cubs try to even the series this afternoon in St. Louis. I hope they win. The Dodgers host the Mets and crave a victory after Jacob deGrom shut down the Dodgers' bats. This one is a push for me since I grew up loving the Dodgers when residing in Los Angeles, but I'm sick of hearing about the Yankees from New York as though they're the only team in residence. Pshaw! I'll be happy with the winner of this pairing, regardless.

My Plano East Panthers defeated the Plano Senior High Wildcats. Yee-haw!!! Now, we have city bragging rights. I'm a happy little girl.

College Gridiron Time!

  1. Duke Blue Devils are at the Army Black Knights. Go, Army!
  2. Baylor University will thrash the Kansas Jayhawks in a resounding fashion.
  3. Oklahoma hopes to continue Texas' woes on the gridiron field of play. Kudos to Coach Strong for maintaining integrity. I sincerely hope that Bevo recovers from his illness. All joshing about burnt orange aside, it's not good for him.
  4. Maryland Terps visit Ohio State. I hope for an upset but live in the real world.
  5. Indiana Hoosiers lost a close one last week and make the Nittany Lions pay the price.
  6. Directional Michigan time: Central and Western meet in Kalamazoo. Central wins?
  7. Georgia Tech plans to sting the Clemson Tigers. Tigers crush the Yellow Jackets.
  8. LSU is at South Carolina in Louisiana due to recent weather conditions. Tigers geaux crazy and dine on chicken tonight.
  9. That Dawg hates Tennessee orange. I think he'll be victorious today. Bulldogs over Vols.
  10. Florida Gators like the taste of tiger flesh and go to Mizzou to "show them" a thing or two.
  11. East Carolina will make a valiant effort against BYU, but the Pirates may come up short, mateys.
  12. I really hope that Arkansas can do something with Alabama, but I am not in la-la land today.
  13. The Canes are cross-state to lock horns with the Seminoles. The 'Noles wear ibis feathers in their caps, so to speak. Sorry, Sebastian.
  14. Cal Golden Bears hope to avoid a drubbing by the Utes. Not going to happen today. Utes win.
  15. Sparty will rout the Rutgers Scarlet Knights. No contest.
Lady Grid out.








No comments:

Post a Comment