It will be the Kansas City Royals against the New York Metropolitans for the World Series. Go Mets.
High School Recap
- Plano East defeated Lewisville, 27-13.
- On Thursday, Lincoln won over Godly, 38-21.
- McAllen Memorial took on crosstown rival McAllen High and beat them 55-21.
College Gridiron Time!
- Poor Syracuse Orange hosts Pittsburgh.
- Winless UCF readies itself for the Houston Cougars.
- My beloved USC Trojans, still reeling from this season’s upheavals, expect no mercy from the Utah Utes. Sigh.
- Despite the rain, Baylor thrashes Iowa State at its homecoming game.
- Texas Tech travels north to Oklahoma, but they won’t prevail this time.
- The luckless Kansas Jayhawks must be wondering why a trip to Stillwater, Oklahoma,–the domicile of Pistol Pete and his Oklahoma State faithful–is necessary at this point in the season.
- Indiana Hoosiers will be 0-4 after their roadtrip to Lansing, Michigan. Sparty’s doing the undefeated dance.
- Northwestern doesn’t recover from last week’s beatdown in Lincoln, Nebraska. Huskers win.
- Texas A&M ventures to play Ole Miss. Gig 'em, Aggies!
- Here’s an opportunity for Miami (OH) to have a win in the MAC conference at Western Michigan.
- Ohio State plays Rutgers. Um, yeah. Why is this on national television on Saturday night?
- Tennessee is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The orange faithful will leave dejected. I hope to silence the home crowd with an upset. Wake up!
- Yawn. SMU is in Tampa to play ball against South Florida. Bulls win.
- Kentucky will be hearing more cowbells than they ever imagined in Starkville, Mississippi. State wins.
- Good luck to the Texas State Bobcats in their game against the South Alabama Jaguars.
Lady Grid out.