The SEC has most of its teams involved in bowls this season. That is a testament to the strength of the conference and not just one program. Not all teams have come away with a win, but it still rates a nod of the head in a gesture of ultimate coolness acknowledgement.
Here are my first predictions for the new year:
- Outback Bowl: Auburn Tigers vs. Wisconsin Badgers
- Cotton Bowl: Michigan State Spartans vs. Baylor Bears
- Citrus Bowl: Missouri Tigers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Rose Bowl: Oregon Ducks vs. Florida State Seminoles
- Sugar Bowl: Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Ohio State Buckeyes
My bowl prediction tally was 1-2 on December 31, 2014. That's all right, it's all in fun anyway. Enjoy your black-eyed peas if you eat them. They don't top my list of favorite foods, and I've not eaten one since leaving home as a young adult. When Mama made food, we ate it. Period. She is an absolute sweetheart–all five feet and one and one-half inches of her–but you just don't mess with Mama. Period.
Lady Grid out.