Sunday, January 4, 2015

Wild Card Weekend - Part Deux

Florida helped the SEC cap off a winning bowl record for the 2014 season.  Woo-hoo!  I read a few comments about the SEC's successes and failures after Alabama's defeat; twelve out of fourteen teams attended post-season bowls.  That speaks for itself.  Will it happen again? I can't say; however, it happened this year.  Today has Toledo and Arkansas State.  I'm sticking with the Toledo Rockets to down the Arkansas State Red Wolves.

How about those Panthers?  I predicted (guessed) their score correctly and missed the Cards' mark by one point.  No, I'm still not headed to Las Vegas.  Who would have foreseen the special teams foibles and head-scratching plays before the first snap? Good luck next week, Carolina.  We'll see where you play next week.

The AFC edition of the wild card was no less exciting.  The Ravens don't read history books; they rewrite them.  Terrell Suggs and the rest of the Ravens harassed Big Ben and made the gap left by the injured LeVeon Bell obvious and painful.  We'll see them in Foxboro in six days to face the always dangerous New England Patriots.

It's back to work with my young charges as a teacher tomorrow.  I'm rested and ready for them.  Lady Grid out.


No comments:

Post a Comment