Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Adieu, Coach Brown

ESPN is reporting that Texas coach Mack Brown is to step down this week.  This is unbelievable.  He won a championship (against my beloved USC Trojans!), and has been a pretty decent fellow.  They even beat Oklahoma in October at the Cotton Bowl in Fair Park.  Old habits die hard on the name.  Deal with it.  I don't know what to think.  I'm sure the guys at PTI and Around the Horn will have something to say tomorrow.  I'm sure the folks on The Ticket will be talking up a storm.  We'll figure out college bowls later on, but let me just say, "Thanks, Coach Brown!" You've been a worthy opponent when we faced one another in the Big XII before leaving for the SEC.  You are a class act.  Good luck.

While we are pondering sad events (for some), let's talk about the Dallas Cowboys implosion at Soldier Field last night.  On second thought, let's not!  I'm tossing a Yellow Flag of Shame to the defense.  Mr. Ware cannot do everything.  Sean Lee is out with a  neck injury.  I'm not fast enough to do the job, but someone needs to do a better one.  Wasn't that a BRILLIANT move to fire Coach Ryan?  Yergh!  I wish Mr. Jones would hire an actual GM who really knows his stuff and just enjoy sitting in the owner's box.  At least Mr. Cuban has the sense enough to do that with the Mavericks.  Yergh again.  Yellow Flag of Shame to Jerry Jones for the firing of Rob Ryan whose defense in New Orleans is doing quite well this year, thank you very much.  Tony Romo doesn't draw my ire so much as the leadership of the Cowboys organization.  There now, I'm done.

Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment