Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Notes - October 19, 2013

Let's start off with the high school games, shall we? Plano East beat McKinney 35-23.  This is great news after the loss to Allen last week.  Panthers are on the march.  Look out, Plano Senior High.  That would be an incredible birthday present to beat the Wildcats.  Frisco Centennial High School suffered a heartbreaking loss to Wakeland on Thursday night.  Just when some momentum would happen, something else would stop their drive. Next week, the mighty Titans face cross-town rivals Frisco High School Raccoons.  Go, Titans!

My Aggies weren't able to rally after Johnny Manziel's shoulder injury.  We ran out of time. Next week, we face off against the Vanderbilt Commodores at Kyle Field.  Hopes for a speedy, thorough recovery go to Manziel.  Here's hoping the famed Wrecking Crew of days gone by resurfaces to stop the run.  Stop the run.  Stop the run!

The AP will be shuffled like a deck of cards.  After having eight teams in the AP Top 25, what's happening in the SEC this week?  Two close games were decided by less than seven points.  I was surprised to see Ole Miss and Tennessee with wins this week, especially after SC's Clowney came to play ball.  My beloved University of Southern California Trojans suffered a loss to Notre Dame.  Ugh.  Florida State spanked Clemson; the Crimson Tide blanked Arkansas.  I can hardly wait to see how things shape up as a result.  I warned you not to take my predictions to Vegas.  Just watch the money fly away on golden wings.

We'll see how my pro predictions align with the stars after the last game tomorrow night.  And no, I won't invest a dime in Texans RB Arian Foster stocks or shares or whatever they've cooked up for him.  One wrong hit costs me some serious dough.  The closest I get to "owning" someone comes with the playoff gridiron challenge on ESPN.  The guys and I square off to see who makes the best picks in the post-season. 

The World Series teams have been set for MLB.  Ready yourself for the sea of red.  Cardinals versus Red Sox.  Texas is an AL state, but the Cards beat my Rangers in the 2011 World Series.  Go team. Can I throw the Yellow Flag of Shame now? Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment