The bowl season line up for later today:
- New Orleans Bowl with Nevada and Louisiana-Lafayette – I think the Ragin Cajuns will defend their New Oreleasns Bowl streak for the fourth year running.
- New Mexico Bowl with Utah State vs. UTEP – It’s been a long time since the Miners have seen the inside of a college bowl, but Utah State Aggies prevail. Sorry, UTEP.
- Las Vegas Bowl with Utah vs. Colorado State – Will the Colorado State Rams break the losing cycle against the Utes’ squad? It’s not likely, but it could happen.
- Idaho Potato Bowl with Western Michigan vs. Air Force – The Falcons managed to beat the Boise State Broncos and will burst the Cinderella-esque bubble of the Western Michigan Broncos. Maybe next year, Western Michigan, maybe next year.
- Camellia Bowl with South Alabama vs. Bowling Green – Bowling Green wants to end its losing skid after winning the MAC East, and the South Alabama Jags had a formidable non-conference schedule to sharpen their claws, so to speak.
The NFL games feature a pair of regular season games on a Saturday. Woo-hoo! The only downside is that there could be fewer touchdowns to celebrate on NFL RedZone on Sunday. I'll manage.
- I truly thought the Titans would win the game the other night. Oops!
- Philadelphia at Washington means agony for me and others in Cowboys Nation because we just know that the Eagles will tear up the Redskins, and we're left holding the bag while facing off against Indy. Ugh. Doom, despair, and agony. My fingers are crossed for a miracle; however, I am realistic girl. Iggles win.
- The more entertaining game will have Peck's Bad Boy Philip Rivers squaring off against the 49ers coached by the "will he or won't he" candidate of the moment. Distractions can make squads sloppy. Most folks are picking the Bolts. I'm not most folks. Kaepernick gets it together on the offensive side of the ball, and the 49ers prevail.
Lady Grid out.