Monday, March 30, 2015

What a Finish!

Apparently, Cinderella wears Spartan Green and is from Michigan State. Their overtime victory against Louisville is now one for the record books. I sort of wish I'd had my crystal ball out before making my predictions.  Och, well! Congratulations to Michigan State, Duke University, University of Kentucky, and Wisconsin for making it the Final Four.  Good luck in your games on Saturday.

For the men's tournament, I am seventy-five percent correct on my Final Four pronouncement for my best brackets created.  For the women's tournament, I have the first two correctly picked with South Carolina lined up against Notre Dame.  The results of tonight's games will let me know if my other two picks are spot on. Good luck to Tennessee, Maryland, UCONN, and Dayton. I wonder if it will mirror the men's results with one number seven seed surprising the odds makers but not themselves with their tenacity. It remains to be seen.

Six days remain until true baseball fever takes over the nation. My Rangers were downed by the Dodgers in a 10-5 trouncing yesterday. Just let the season begin so we can see how things will be with the new manager, Jeff Banister. Russell Wilson hit a HR in batting practice, and Derek Holland is feeling healthy. Can Russell please join the team? He's good at this sport, too.

In sobering news, the Seattle Mariners' prospect Victor Sanchez died due to injuries that occurred while boating in his native Venezuela. My condolences to the grieving family and friends of this twenty-year old young man.

Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment