Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Sunday!

I've been sick recently and managed to push on teaching my young charges and then collapsing into a heap at the day's end.  This weekend has seen me stay close to home except to go grocery shopping and drive my son to his music performance.  I've been impressed by Kevin Durant's scoring and was thrilled that the OKC Thunder downed the Heat last week. I'll be chatty again once I feel I am truly beyond the ravages of the ick.

Well, here we are after all of the media frenzy and Super Bowl hype.  In just five hours, we'll hear the National Anthem and watch the game begin.  People will laugh over the commercials, scream in dismay at dropped balls or questionable calls, and enjoy some great foods.  However you celebrate, make sure you do so in a safe manner.  No reader should be lost due to a bad decision mixing spirits and vehicles.  Despite experts' opinions, I am still rooting for General Peyton to hoist that Vince Lombardi trophy for the second time in his storied career.  I pick the Broncos.

Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment