Sunday, February 23, 2014

Okey-Dokey

There have been a few interesting items since my last post.

  1. It's good to see the MLB back in action. Both of my grandfathers were addicted to baseball.  My regret is that I didn't discuss the game with them when I had the opportunity. Barry Bonds is returning to the San Francisco Giants as an instructor; apparently, he never officially retired. We'll see how things work out for him.
  2. LeBron James has a broken nose and plans to be careful about his return to the hardwoood.
  3. The Atlanta Hawks rallied to beat the Knicks; pass me some of that sweet iced tea, Maynard.
  4. Kobe is out for another three weeks. Maynard, put me a lemon slice in it, will you?
  5. Texas A&M Men's Basketball beat Tennessee in overtime, 68-65.  
  6. Syracuse was beaten by Duke; Coach Jim Boeheim was beside himself after the charge call late in the game.
  7. Wichita State is 29-0. I think they need to move ahead of Florida in the rankings now.
  8. Kansas routed the Texas Longhorns 85-54.  The Jayhawks were ranked number eight; the Longhorns were ranked nineteen.
  9. Number eleven-ranked Louisville edged number seven-ranked Cincinnati 58-57.
  10. At the time of this posting, the gold-medal game featuring Canada and Sweden had just dropped the puck in Sochi.  Good luck, Sweden.  I think you're going to need it and a miracle.  
Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment