Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Looking Forward to the NFL Weekend

NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend

Saturday, January 16, 2016
Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - I don't want the Patriots to win, but they have that je ne sais quoi. Ugh.
Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals - Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, and host of other Cardinals players need to bring their "A" game against the resurgent Packers.

Sunday, January 17, 2016
Seattle Seahawks at Carolina Panthers - Cam and the boys need to keep pounding. MVP time.
Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos - This will be it for my General as he starts against the Steelers defense with the ever hungry James Harrison eyeing QBs like breakfast meat.

Side Notes:

  1. A new era for head coaches dawns in Cleveland and New York.
  2. The LA Rams will be back in Los Angeles for the first time since 1994. Hallelujah. Saying St. Louis was bothering me all of these years. I was born when the Rams were out west, so old habits die hard. 
  3. After that crazy anomaly of all of the home teams losing in the wild card matchups, I hope I'm not wrong with my picks for this weekend. Fire up the grill, and make me a burger. It's football time!

College Basketball

At press time, number 9 ranked Duke was trailing Clemson with just over a minute remaining. We shall see if the Blue Devils keep up their winning ways. No, Clemson upset them with a score of 68-63. The timer just ran out on me with my computer time this evening.

Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment