Monday, May 5, 2014

NBA Finals, Round Two

The grumpy old men ruled the day on Sunday with the Spurs and Nets victories over the Mavericks and Raptors, respectively.  That bucket-denying block by Paul Pierce was phenomenal to see live. I guess because I'm the oldest sister, I'll sometimes pull for the older competitor to win.That was my philosophy whenever Venus and Serena played one another. I never asked my sisters if they cheered for Serena in those matches.  Hmm.

Second Round Predictions:

  1. Nets vs. Heat - Grumpy Old Men 1.0. I don't want a three-peat, but the Heat are more rested as play begins tomorrow night. Heat in five games.
  2. Spurs vs. Trailblazers - Grumpy Old Men 2.0. Tony, Tim, and Manu have a ball with the west coast kids, but it takes six games. Spurs win.
  3. Clippers vs. Thunder-Griffin and Paul playing against Durant and Westbrook? How fun will this one be? All the way through game seven in a "never-say-die" attitude. Clippers will edge Thunder.
  4. Wizards vs. Pacers-If the Pacers remember how to play the ball and keep the right personnel on the floor, they'll be fine. If not, some hungry young players with the eye of the tiger will be glad to move on to the conference finals. Pacers in seven just to be safe.

Lady Grid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment